MIT is very excited to again offer an aggressive training program(ATP) for accomplished runners who want to explore their own potential within the context of a group training plan, directed and coached by 2007 Columbus Marathon champion Robb Kestner.
The ATP program will be completely new and separate from the other MIT training plans, but its participants will enjoy all of the same benefits as their other MIT teammates, including access to the Saturday meeting place and restrooms, educational seminars, Fleet Feet discounts and special promotions, etc. They will simply be following customized training plans authored by Robb and they will be coached solely by Robb.
This program will also include individual guidance on optimal racing strategies, simplified explanations of the physiology behind optimal training, i.e., the reasons why we do what we do, injury prevention and recovery tips and tricks.
Here are some guideposts for you to think about in deciding if you want to learn more about this program:
- Is there a specific goal you want to reach?
- Can you reach that goal without personalized training? In other words, can you get there using existing MIT resources? Is there a real value for you in this advanced training program?
- Are you open to new ideas about how best to train that may challenge your existing views?
- Can you embrace focused, sustained, long-term training, and the highs and lows that come with it?
- Can you (i.e., are you willing and do you have your family's support to) make running your top priority of the winter and spring?
- Do you have 14-16 hours per week to spend running and doing running-related activities like strides, stretching, drills, keeping a training log and communicating with Robb?
- Are you FULLY recovered from your fall race (or injury) and currently running 5-6 days per week?
- Are you willing to commit to training and peaking for one spring marathon, with two prescribed benchmark races leading up to it?
- Will you regularly attend group workouts on Wednesdays and Saturdays?
This program is solely for those training for a spring marathon (if your goal race is a half marathon, MIT offers several advanced training plans from which you may choose). It is for those that will place their running at the top of their priority list. It is for those who want to be coached. It is for those who want to maximize their marathon potential.
If you would like to hear more or have questions, post them below! Robb will be getting the program kicked off on January 5th!
We hope to see you there!