Programs Locations Coaches Testimonials FAQ Registration Move.Live.Give Contact Us Member Log In
The Official Training Group of the Capital City Half Marathon! David Babner and the folks at the Capital City Half Marathon are pleased to present registered participants of MIT with a $10 discount of the Half, Quarter and 5k events. David and his team here to help you maximize your experience with the Capital City Half Marathon, Capital City Patrón Quarter Marathon and Commit To Be Fit 5K.
Our programs are flexible, allowing even the busiest people to train around their hectic personal schedules!
- Program length: 20-25 weeks (depending upon which marathon you choose)
- Training includes a weekly 1-3 hour group workout on Saturday mornings and Wednesday evening workouts. Workouts are held at Thomas Worthington High School and the OhioHealth Westerville campus every Saturday.
- FIT for LIFE: 15-30 minute training related seminars, followed by group runs and a social every Tuesday!
- Weekly personal training schedules. These individualized plans will be geared to your personal needs.
- Your coaches are always accessible to help with your training
- The entire program is progressive in nature - each week builds on the previous week's training.
At our first meeting, program information, training schedules, information on proper shoes and apparel for running, and a schedule of future speakers will be distributed. Materials can also be requested from coaches and staff at anytime.
We’ll run/walk no matter what the weather, so dress accordingly! Veteran marathoners will lead the way and offer advice and encouragement. Working out with others is a great way to keep yourself going through those long miles!
MIT 1/2 Marathon Training Progam
You've always wanted to run or walk a half marathon, but didn't know where to start? Here's a program that will teach you about running/walking in cool/cold weather, nutrition, goal setting, how to avoid injury, pacing, and much more.
- This program will allow you to run comfortably without spending a great deal of time training or recovering!
- This approx 4 month training program is designed to prepare you for your first 1/2 marathon - the proper way! You will be given a training plan to follow that will get you to the finish line healthy and happy!
- Our goal is to motivate, inform, and get you addicted to running/walking!
- Though many of our participants will have run before, the program is designed to accommodate all skill levels!
- So let’s go! Join us this season and begin the journey to your first (or next) 1/2 marathon!
Components of MIT
- 1/2 Marathon and Marathon running & walking schedules; customized plans upon request
- Saturday morning group workouts
- Mid-week Up-Tempo/Speed workouts
- Comprehensive Endurance Training seminar series
- Online access to experts in the fields of Sports Nutrition, Physiology, & Sports Medicine
- Discounts at Fleet Feet Sports
- Free running apparel & gear
- Access to 20+ coaches who combine for over 200 marathons
The Official Training Group of the Capital City Half Marathon!
David Babner and the folks at the Capital City Half Marathon are pleased to present registered participants of MIT with a $10 discount of the Half, Quarter and 5k events. David and his team here to help you maximize your experience with the Capital City Half Marathon, Capital City Patrón Quarter Marathon and Commit To Be Fit 5K. Your unique discount code for the 2014 Capital City Half Marathon will be e-mailed with your registration confirmation. **Code is one-time use and is unique to your registration. Code is valid only while spots for the Half, Quarter or 5K are still remaining.**
Member Log-in Programs Locations Coaches Testimonials FAQ Registration Move.Live.Give Contact Us